No need to say much about the role of British women in the showbiz industry. We all know that the cultural significance of English entertainment industry has put its effects on worldwide media. British and English actresses are well-known throughout the lovely planet and have a massive fans following, not only from England, but also from every corner of the world. British women are beautiful, genius and prestigious and so they’re earning name, fame and money just like their male counterparts in the glamour world. Many popular actresses also start their career journeys in Hollywood as this is the viewer’s best choice to watch a British actress performing with all her fascination and charm. British are probably graded highest in the world’s most influential tinsel towns for their culture and accent.
But actresses from England are equally popular in working within their country’s own spotlights. There have been numerous lists of the British actresses who work in the Great Britain and those who also invaded the international showbiz markets. In this article, we’ve made a collection of 50 top and the best British actresses of present times for your interest, who’ve made breakthrough performances in the film and television industries. It is not essential, they’re belonging only to England but some of them are Scottish, Irish and Welsh while some also belong to other ethnicities as well. Full names and dates of births are also added in their particulars below.
1. The impressive Amara Karan who was born in 1984, is an Sri Lankan-English actress who made her film début as the love interest in Wes Anderson’s The Darjeeling Limited.
2. The brilliant Amelia Warnerwas born on 04 June, 1982 and is an English actress, as well as a musician who performs under the name Slow Moving Millie.
3. The talented Anna Maxwell Martin also known as Anna Charlotte Martin was born on 10 May 1977. She is sometimes credited as Anna Maxwell–Martin and is a twice BAFTA award-winning English actress.
4. The attractive Anna Katherine Popplewell was born on 16 December 1988 and is an English film, television and theater actress.
5. The sensual Billie PaulPiperwho is also sometimes as referred as Leian PaulPiper was born on 22 September 1982. She is an English singer, dancer and actress.
6. The fabulous CareyHannah Mulliganwas born on 28 May 1985 and is an English actress. She made her acting debut on stage in London in the 2004 Kevin Elyot play Forty Winks.
7. The elegant Christina Colewas born on 8 May 1982 and is an English actress known for portraying Cassie Hughes in the Sky One supernatural television series Hex.
8. The charming Christine Bottomley who is also known as Rochdale, was born in 1979 in England. She is an English actress.
9. The stunning Claire Foy was born on 16 April 1984. She is an English actress, best known for playing the title role in the BBC One production of Little Dorrit, Anna.
10. The ravishing Emily Beecham was born in Manchester, England in 1984. She is an English film, television and stage actress.
11. The sensational EvannaPatriciaLynch was born on 16 August 1991. She is an Irish actress and model. She rose to prominence for her portrayal of Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter film series.
12. The tantalizing Eve Myleswas born on 26 July 1978. She is a Welsh television, film, stage and voice actress who graduated from the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in 2000.
13. The dazzling Felicity Rose Hadley Jones was born on 17 October 1983 and is an English actress. She started her professional acting career as a child, appearing at age 12 in The Treasure Seekers (1996).
14. The engrossing Freema Agyemanwho is also known as Frema Agyeman, was born on 20 March 1979. She is an English actress who is known for playing Martha Jones in the BBC science fiction series.
15. The enticing Gabriella Wilde who is also known as Gabriella Zanna Vanessa Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe was born on 8 April 1989. She is also sometimes referred as Gabriella Calthorpe. She is an English model and actress.
16. The scintillating Gemma Christina Artertonwas born on 2 February 1986 and is an English actress. Arterton made her film debut in the comedy film St Trinian’s.
17. The mesmerizing Georgia King was born on November 18, 1986 in Edinburgh, Scotland. She is an actress and director, known for One Day (2011) and The Duchess (2008).
18. The astonishing Georgina Helen “Georgie” Henley was born on 9 July 1995 and is an English actress. She is best known for her portrayal of Lucy Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia film series.
19. The hypnotizing Gugu Mbatha–Raw who is also known Gugulethu Sophia Mbatha was born in 1983. She is a British stage and film actress.
20. The spell-binding Holliday Clark Grainger was born on 27 March 1988. She is also credited as Holly Grainger and is a British screen and stage actress.
21. The mind-blowing Honeysuckle Weekswas born on 1 August 1979. She is a British actress known for her starring role as Samantha Stewart in the ITV wartime drama series Foyle’s Warbeginning in 2002.
22. The sweltering Jayne Wisenerwas born on 19 May 1987 and is an actress and singer from Northern Ireland. She is best known for playing Johanna in Sweeney Todd. The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
23. The glorious Jessica Rose Brown-Findlaywas born on 14 September 1989. She is known professionally as Jessica Brown Findlay and is an English actress, best known for playing Lady Sybil Crawley in the ITV series Downton Abbey.
24. The vivid Jo Woodcock was born on 9 September 1988 and is an English television, film and stage actress.
25. The vibrant Joanne Froggatt was born on 23 August 1980 and is an English actress of stage, television, and film.
26. The eminent JodieAuckland Whittaker was born on 3 January 1982 and is an English actress. She first came to prominence for her work in the film Venus (2006).
27. The beauteous Kimberley Nixonwas born on 24 September 1985 and is a Welsh actress. Nixon is known for her role as Sophy Hutton in the BBC One period dramaCranford.
28. The cherished LauraElizabethCarmichael was born on 18 July 1986 and is an English actress, most widely known for her role as Lady Edith Crawley in the TV period drama series Downtown Abbey.
29. The blazing Louise Brealey was born on 27 March 1979 who is also credited as Loo Brealey. She is an English actress, writer and journalist.
30. The glittering Louise Dylanis an actress and producer, known for Vampire Killers (2009), Beat Girl (2013) and Trust Fund (2015).
31. The enchanting MichelleSuzanneDockery was born on 15 December 1981 and is an English actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Lady Mary Crawley in the ITV drama Downtown Abbey.
32. The opulent MichelleClaireRyanwas born on 22 April 1984 and is an English actress. She played Zoe Slater on the BBC soap opera East Enders.
33. The phenomenal Morven Christiewas born in 1979 and is a Scottish actress.
34. The resplendent Natalie Presswas born on 15 August 1980 and is an English actress nominated for a Best Actress BAFTA for her role in the 2010 ensemble three hour BBC piece Five Daughters.
35. The amusing Olivia Grantwas born on 20 September 1983 and is an English actress known for her role in Stardust (2007).
36. The zealous Olivia Hallinan was born on 20 January 1985 and is an English actress best known for her role as Laura Timmins in the BBC TV series Lark Rise to Candleford.
37. The breathtaking PerditaRose AnnunziataWeeks was born on 25 December 1985 and is a British actress.
38. The peerless Rachel ClareHurd–Woodwas born on 17 August 1990 and is an English actress and model, best known for her roles as Wendy Darling in the 2003 film Peter Pan, Corrie McKenzie in 2010’s Tomorrow, When the War Began and Sibyl Vane in 2009’s Dorian Gray.
39. The matchless Rebecca Night is an English actress who starred in the title role of James Hawes’s BBC Four adaptationFanny Hill. She is also credited as Rebecca Hardwick and was born on 13 July 1985.
40. The admirable RomolaSadieGaraiwas born on 6 August 1982 and is an English actress. She is known for appearing in the films Amazing Grace, Atonement, and Glorious 39, and in BBC series such as Emma, The Hour and The Crimson Petal and the White.
41. The meticulous RosamundMary EllenPike was born on 27 January 1979 and is an English actress. Her first screen credit was in 1998 for the television filmA Rather English Marriage.
42. The striking Ruth Wilson was born on 13 January 1982 and is an English actress. She is known for her performances in Suburban Shootout (2005) and Jane Eyre (2006).
43. The dainty SallyCeciliaHawkins was born on April 27, 1976 and is an English actress. She made her film debut in Mike Leigh’s All or Nothing in 2002.
44. The alluring Sophia JaneMyles was born on 18 March 1980 and is an English actress, best known for portraying Erika in Underworld (2003).
45. The electrifying Sophie McShera was born in 1985 in Bradford, Yorkshire, England. She is an actress, known for Cinderella (2015) and Downton Abbey (2010).
46. The tempting Susannah Glanville-Hearson, better known by her stage name Susannah Fielding, is an English actress who has worked in theatre, television and film.
47. The seductive Talulah Jane Riley-Milburn was born on 26 September 1985), known professionally as Talulah Riley, is an English actress.
48. The provocative Tamzin Merchantwas born on 4 March 1987, is an English actress. She is known for her role as Georgiana Darcy in the 2005 film Pride & Prejudice.
49. The bewitching Vanessa Kirbywas born in 1988 and is an English stage, TV and film actress. She starred as Estella in the BBC adaptation of Great Expectations in 2011.
50. The glamorous Yasmin Paige was born on 24 June 1991 and is an English actress who is best known for her roles as Jordana Bevan in Submarine and Beth Mitchell in Pramface.