One idea that has been flourished rapidly in the modern world is that a healthy mind and body can perform far better not only in the sports field but also academically as well. The importance of physical exercise is increasing day by day and it is even more relevant in the present scenario that every gender must participate in every kind of sport or game. Developed countries have turned this into reality and their women seem standing together with men in every category of sports. Sports are the best examples where players learn team synergy, leadership skills, motivation, dedication, self esteem, human dignity and peace of mind. Some of us may only consider playing sport is a source of entertainment, fitness and physical attractiveness but we should believe that this also instills in us other essential lessons of life. Modern research denotes that women athletes achieve better grading in their education, avoid many risky diseases in their lives and have higher levels of confidence and self esteem. Today, sports are massive sources for boasting one country’s economy as well. Even though many changes have occurred and women are provided equal access to education and sports opportunities, particularly in progressive countries but there is still so much work to be done, especially in underdeveloped and backward nations of the lovely planet. There is a strong need for creating the awareness for the girl’s participation in sports. All women of the world, regardless of their ethnicity, religious beliefs, socioeconomic status, or educational background, should have equal access to sport and play. Apart from many difficulties today, Cricket, Tennis, Golf, Soccer, athletics; all of these sports are full of extremely talented female athletes. They are not only earning big fame but also are making millions of dollars every year through sponsorships and prizes like sportsmen. We have a list of 50 best female athletes and top sports women of the world of the present times, along with their dazzling images and other details who have genuinely competed their male counterparts in popularity through their brilliant performances in different kinds of sports.
1- Alexandra Patricia “Alex” Morgan – She was born on July 2, 1989 and is a stunning American soccer player and Olympic gold medalist. She is a forward for the United States women’s national soccer team.
2. Aliya Fargatovna Mustafina was born on 30 September 1994 and is a superb Russian artistic gymnast who is the 2010 World individual all-around champion, the 2012 Olympic uneven bars champion, the 2013 World balance beam champion and the 2013 European champion in the all-around and on the uneven bars.
3. Anna Maree Meares OAM. She was born on 21 September 1983 in Queensland and is an amazing Australian track cyclist. She has been the 500 metre track time trial world champion on four occasions, and a gold medalist at the Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
4. Anna Rawson – She was born on 5 August 1981 and is a sizzling Australian professional golfer and model. She played on the Ladies European Tour and the LPGA Tour.
5. Anna Vladimirovna Sidorova – She was born on February 6, 1991 in Moscow and is a gorgeous curler from Russia. She currently skips the Russian national women’s curling team.
6. Antonija Misura – She was born on 19 May 1988 and is a glorious Croatian professional basketball player. She plays for Toulouse Métropole Basket in the Ligue Féminine de Basketball and for the Croatia women’s national basketball team.
7. Barbora Spotakova – She was born on 30 June 1981 and is a phenomenal Czech javelin thrower. She is the current Olympic champion, as well as the world record holder.
8. Danica Sue Patrick – She was born on March 25, 1982 and is a real challenger American auto racing driver, model and advertising spokeswoman. She is the most successful woman in the history of American open-wheel racing.
9. Elisa Di Francisca was born on 13 December 1982 and is a scintillating Italian foil fencer. She won the individual gold medal in the Senior World Championships in 2010 and at the 2012 Summer Olympics in July 2012.
10. Ellen Hoog was born on 26 March 1986 and is a luminous Dutch female field hockey player, who is also a member of the Netherlands women’s national field hockey team.
11. Gina Joy Carano – She was born on April 16, 1982 and is a radiant American actress, television personality, fitness model and former mixed martial artist.
12. Grace Elizabeth Gold – She was born on August 17, 1995 and is well known as Gracie Gold. She is a flashy American figure skater. She is the 2012 World Junior silver medalist, 2013 U.S. national silver medalist, and 2014 U.S. national champion.
13. Habiba Ghribi – She was born on 9 April 1984 in Kairouan. She is a vivid Tunisian middle- and long-distance runner who is also the Tunisian record holder at the 2012 Summer Olympics giving her country its first Olympic medal by a woman.
14. Hilary Atwood Knight – She was born on July 12, 1989 and is a striking American ice hockey forward. She is a member of the United States women’s national ice hockey team.
15. Hope Amelia Solo – She was born on July 30, 1981 and is a world-renowned American soccer goalkeeper and a two-time Olympic gold medalist. She has been goalkeeping for the United States women’s national soccer team since 2000.
16. Irina Eduardovna Slutskaya was born on 9 February 1979 and is a glowing Russian figure skater. She is a two-time World champion, two-time Olympic medalist, seven-time European Champion, a four-time Grand Prix Final champion and a four-time Russian national champion.
17. Jana Pittman-Rawlinson was born on 9 November 1982 and is a sparkling Australian athlete who is a two-time world champion in the 400 m hurdles, from 2003 and 2007. She also won the gold medal in this event at the 2002 and 2006 Commonwealth Games.
18. Jaqueline Maria Pereira de Carvalho Endres was born on December 31, 1983 in Recife. She is a female Brazilian volleyball player who is also the member of Brazilian national team. She is a double Olympic Champion from Beijing 2008 and London 2012, a double silver medalist of the World Championship and multimedalist of the World Grand Prix.
19. Jessica Ennis-Hill, CBE was born on 28 January 1986 who is a bright British track and field athlete. She is the current Olympic heptathlon champion. She is also the former European and world heptathlon champion and the former world indoor pentathlon champion. She is the current British national record holder for the heptathlon.
20. Jordyn Marie Wieber was born on July 12, 1995 and is a twinkling American artistic gymnast who was a member of the gold medal-winning US women’s gymnastics teams at the 2011 World Championships and the 2012 Summer Olympics. She was also the 2011 world women’s all-around champion.
21. Julia Marie Mancuso was born on March 9, 1984 and is a ravishing American World Cup alpine ski racer and Olympic gold medalist. She has also won five medals (two silver and three bronze) at the World Championships and seven races in regular World Cup competition. Her four Olympic medals are the most ever for a female American alpine skier.
22. Katie Taylor was born on 2 July 1986 and is a sensational Irish athlete who specializes in boxing. Boxing and training with the Irish Amateur Boxing Association, she is the current Irish, European, World and Olympic Champion in the 60 kg division.
23. Kaylyn McKenzie Kyle was born on 6 October 1988 and is an astounding Canadian soccer player who plays as a midfielder for the Portland Thorns FC in the National Women’s Soccer League. She is also a member of Canada women’s national soccer team and is a Right To Play ambassador.
24. Kim Yuna was born on 5 September 1990 and is an outstanding South Korean figure skater. She is the 2010 Olympic champion and 2014 silver medalist in ladies‘ singles; the 2009, 2013 World champion; the 2009 Four Continents champion; a three-time (2006–2007, 2007–2008, 2009–2010) Grand Prix Final champion; the 2006 World Junior champion; the 2005 Junior Grand Prix Final champion.
25. Laura Asadauskaite-Zadneprovskiene was born on February 28, 1984 and is a breathtaking female Lithuanian modern pentathlete who competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and won the gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London and reached Olympic record.
26. Lindsey Caroline Vonn was born on October 18, 1984 and is a wonderful American World Cup alpine ski racer on the United States Ski Team. She has won four World Cup championships. Vonn won the gold medal in downhill at the 2010 Winter Olympics, the first ever in the event for an American woman.
27. Lisa Nordén was born on 24 November 1984 in Sweden and is a thrilling professional Swedish triathlete, 2008 Olympian and 2012 Olympic silver medalist. She is also the winner of the 2012 Triathlon World Series.
28. Mariana Pajón Londono ODB was born on 10 October 1991 in Medellín and is a spectacular Colombian cyclist, Olympic Gold Medalist and BMX World Champion.
29. Marina Alabau Neira was born on 31 August 1985 in Seville who is a magnificent Spanish sailor. She has won five gold medals at the European Championships and at the 2012 Summer Olympics, she won the gold medal in the RS:X competition.
30. McKayla Rose Maroney was born on December 9, 1995 and is an eminent American artistic gymnast. At the 2011 World Championships, she won gold medals in the team and vault competitions. She was a member of the gold medal-winning U.S. women’s gymnastics team at the 2012 Summer Olympics and was the 2012 Olympic vault silver medalist. She defended her World title and won the gold medal on vault at the 2013 World Championships.
31. Michelle “Shelly” Jenneke was born on 23 June 1993 and is an admirable Australian hurdler and model, who won a silver medal for the 100 m hurdles at the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics. She received worldwide media attention in 2012 for her pre-race warm-up, which involved dancing.
32. Michelle Wingshan Kwan was born on July 7, 1980 and is a splendid American figure skater. She is a two-time (1998 and 2002) Olympic medalist, a five-time (1996, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2003) World champion and a nine-time (1996, 1998–2005) U.S. champion.
33. Milica Mandić was born on December 6, 1991 in Belgrade, Serbia and is a marvelous Serbian taekwondo athlete and the reigning Olympic champion in the +67 kg category.
34. Melissa Jeanette Franklin – She was born on May 10, 1995 and is a fabulous American competition swimmer and four-time Olympic gold medalist. She currently holds the world record in the 200-meter backstroke (long course) and American records in both the 100-meter and 200-meter backstroke (long course).
35. Nadia Elena Comaneci was born on November 12, 1961 and is a fantastic Romanian gymnast, winner of three Olympic gold medals at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal and the first female gymnast to be awarded a perfect score of 10 in an Olympic gymnastic event. She also won two gold medals at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow.
36. Naseem Hameed was born on 1 May 1988 and is an incredible Pakistani track and field athlete, who became the fastest woman in South Asia when she won a gold medal in the 100 metres at the 2010 South Asian Games in Dhaka. On February 12, 2010, President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari appointed Naseem as Ambassador of Sports in recognition of her success at the SAF Games.
37. Natalie Anne Gulbis was born on January 7, 1983 and is a remarkable American professional golfer of Latvian descent who plays on the U.S.-based LPGA Tour. Gulbis has played on three victorious U.S. Solheim Cup teams – 2005, 2007 and 2009.
38. Nicola Spirig was born on 7 February 1982 and is a tremendous Swiss professional triathlete. She is a member of the Swiss National Team and a double Olympian. She is an Olympic champion, and was World Championship runner up in 2010.
39. Olga Rypakova was born on 30 November 1984 and is an imposing Kazakhstan track and field athlete of Russian descent. Rypakova has represented Kazakhstan at the 2007 and 2009 World Championships in Athletics.
40. Paula Caroline Creamer was born on August 5, 1986 and is an awesome American professional golfer on the U.S.-based LPGA Tour. As a professional, she has won 12 tournaments, including 10 LPGA Tour events. Creamer has been as high as number 2 in the Women’s World Golf Rankings. She was the 2010 U.S. Women’s Open champion.
41. Ronda Jean Rousey was born on February 1, 1987 and is an excellent American mixed martial artist, judoka and actress. She is the first and current UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion. She is undefeated, having won eight of her ten fights by armbar. Rousey became the first American woman to earn an Olympic medal in Judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008.
42. Rosannagh “Rosie” MacLennan was born on August 28, 1988 and is a terrific Canadian trampoline gymnast. She is the reigning World Trampoline champion, Olympic champion and Pan American Games champion in the individual trampoline event.
43. Sana Mir was born on 5 January 1986 and is a female Pakistani cricketer of Kashmiri origin. She is the captain of the Pakistan women’s team. She was announced Player of the Tournament at the 2008 Women’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier. She is among 6 players from Pakistan in the top 20.
44. Sandra Raluca Izbaşa was born on June 18, 1990 and is a Romanian artistic gymnast. She is a double Olympic champion, on floor at the 2008 Olympics and vault at the 2012 Olympics. She is also a winner of two Olympic bronze medals (as part of the Romanian team, in 2008 and 2012), and multiple World Championship and European Championship medals.
45. Skylar Kierra Diggins was born on August 2, 1990 and is a mind-blowing American professional basketball player for the Tulsa Shock of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA).
46. Stephanie Louise Rice OAM was born on 17 June 1988 and is an impressive Australian swimmer. She won three gold medals at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. She was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia on 26 January 2009.
47. Svetlana Podobedova is a devastating Kazakh weightlifter of Russian descent who has won the gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the women’s 75 kg category with a total of 291 kg. Her 161 kg Clean and Jerk was an Olympic record. She won by virtue of lighter bodyweight.
48. Sydney Rae Leroux was born on May 7, 1990 and is a bewitching Canadian-born American professional soccer player and Olympic gold medalist. She began playing for the U.S. senior national team in 2012.
49. Yana Shemyakina was born on 5 January 1986 and is a tantalizing Ukrainian fencer (specialized in Épée) who won the gold medal in individual épée at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
50. Yani Tseng was born on 23 January 1989 and is a Taiwanese professional golfer playing on the U.S.-based LPGA Tour. She is the youngest player ever, male or female, to win five major championships and was ranked number 1 in the Women’s World Golf Rankings for 109 consecutive weeks from 2011 to 2013.
Also click to view: